My Latest Pattern

Sponsors






Grab My Button

Sugar Mamas Sweet Bowtique

Search This Blog

2010-2013 (c) Amanda Moutos. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Another Hat for Charity

How much do I love donating my items to charity? Enough to stop watching my favorite t.v. shows or even put down the computer! And that's a lot! So when I was approached by Kate Tabers, the mastermind behind Kate's Custom Handmade Gifts, Motherhood and Money, and The Mommy Exchange, to donate to the Pediatric Cancer Unit of St. John's Mercy in St. Louis, MO, of course I said yes!

We discussed what type of hat she wanted me to make. Her goal was to reach 100 hats. What a feat! She had knitted plenty of girl hats, and asked me to crochet a boy hat. What started as an idea for a sports-themed hat, turned into my imagination running wild. Although it was far from the original plan, I wanted this deserving little boy to feel like a superhero. And that's exactly what he is. Don't you agree?

Here is the hat, inspired by Captain America, titled the "American Superhero Hat." Let's hope at least one little boy chooses to wear it!


Thank you, Kate, for including me in such a heart-felt gift opportunity. My heart feels very full after doing this. <3

Lots of love,

Sugar Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips