About Me

My photo

I'm an Oklahoma transplant, living in Missouri, married with children, and loving my life.

My Latest Pattern

Sponsors






Follow by Email

Grab My Button

Sugar Mamas Sweet Bowtique

Search This Blog

2010-2013 (c) Amanda Moutos. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Revisiting some of my old artwork



When I feel like crocheting is taking over my life, I like to dream about all the other crafty things I love to do. Today I was reminiscing about some paintings I've done. One of my favorite paintings is the piece I made for my mother.

She handed me an unfinished wooden cabinet door, and asked me to paint a bird, a nest, and the name she gave to her property.

First, I crackle painted it. Then I took a mouse sander to it in different spots, to give it a more aged look. After I was completely finished, I put 20 coats of clear spray coating, so that it would keep from getting scratched for as long as possible.



I had so much fun creating that one! Here are a couple more shots of the board sign.



I've also painted some artwork on antique windows taken from old homes. I clean up the glass really well, and brush off dirt and mud from the frame. I don't wipe off any grimy spots, since this adds to the aged look of the piece.

I made two paintings for my mother and grandmother, respectively. Each were done in a Halloween theme. I'm proud to say they are used in my family's homes each year for Halloween decorations.

It's tough to choose my favorite of the two,





since I love them both so much!




I have made other paintings, but I always end up giving them away. :(

Now I just need to make time to paint one for myself to keep!

I hope you enjoy them, ♥ Sugar Mama
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips