My Latest Pattern

Sponsors






Grab My Button

Sugar Mamas Sweet Bowtique

Search This Blog

2010-2013 (c) Amanda Moutos. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall Makes Me Happy - and Hungry

Fall is officially here at our house. Last week, we cleaned, put out the Fall decorations, and made Fall-inspired meals.
 
 
I opened up the basement storage room to find the goody-filled tub labeled "Fall." I always like that feeling I get when I look at the decorations from years past, almost forgetting this piece and that. It's like opening up presents, when I think to myself, "I remember this! I love this!"
 
I removed most of the bird themed decor where I planned to change things up, and replaced them with the treasures in my tub.
 
A snapshot of some of my shelves
 
 
The top of the entertainment center

 
 
My favorite season brings apples on our tree, yummy comforting meals and a real sense of calmness. The colors on the leaves and the overcast weather make me want to be productive. I can't say enough about Fall. We're like "this" [fingers crossed]. :)
 
Here is a new recipe I tried last week. It was amazing. If you love vegetables, especially delicious Fall squash, this one is perfect for you. Just take my recipe and run with it. Add your favorite veggies, if you're feeling adventurous! I found the recipe from Kraft recipes, and changed it up how I wanted it.
 
CHICKEN & PARMESAN VEGGIES
 
 
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/4 cup Italian Dressing
1 zucchini, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
1 cup mixed vegetables (I used a combo of green beans, corn, carrots and peas)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (I actually used some of my husband's home-grown cherry tomatoes. He had placed them in a bag in the freezer, and I let them thaw a few minutes, halved them and removed the peels)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover with lid. Cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165ºF). Transfer to platter; cover to keep warm.
ADD dressing, zucchini and onions to skillet; cook on medium heat 4 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.  Stir in mixed veggies and return chicken to skillet for 4 min. or until vegetables are heated through. Stir in tomatoes; cook 1 to 2 min. or until heated through.
TOP with cheese and serve.


...Then go make an apple pie to go along with it. I'm off to harvest apples from the front yard!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips