My Latest Pattern

Sponsors






Grab My Button

Sugar Mamas Sweet Bowtique

Search This Blog

2010-2013 (c) Amanda Moutos. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dolce Dreams Review


Recently, I was given the opportunity to sample a product from Dolce Dreams.


Dolce Dreams is a place where you can find handmade, personalized baby gifts and lavender goods. Their Etsy store offers such great products as Heirloom Baby Quilts, Lovey Clutches, Lavender Sachets, Lavender Eye Pillows, Hand Embroidered Pillows and more.

I was ecstatic when the owner of Dolce Dreams reached out to me for a product review! I had already been following her blog, all the while admiring her products and her eye for fashion. She asked me what style of lovey I would be interested in. After telling her my favorite colors and themes, and my daughter's initial, she made me a gift that my daughter and I will treasure for many, many years.

The item sent to me is one of Dolce Dreams' Hand Embroidered Patchwork Lovey Clutches. Here is the stock photo of my personalized clutch. As you can see in the photo, the clutch is basically a mini patchwork quilt. It is made of designer cotton fabrics and is prewashed and shrunk. The size of the lovey measures to be 12" x 12" inches, and is composed of nine 3" x 3" squares.


All four sides of the lovey have ribbon circle knotties, made of satin and grosgrain ribbon. The differences in texture add to a baby's development, along with colors, shapes, etc. I gave the circle knotties a good tug, and am satisfied that they are very well reinforced for safety. Babies absolutely LOVE tugging and chewing on anything that is similar to a tag, so safety is a necessity here.

The lovey clutch came to me wrapped in gold cherub tissue paper, making it perfect for gift-giving purposes. The paper also had a Dolce Dreams sticker across the front. Can't you just imagine this placed in a lovely gift bag, waiting for a mother-to-be to open and be amazed by it's beauty?


After I slid the lovey out of its angel paper wrapper, I found the lovey wrapped like a little present, and topped off with a handmade tag. On the back of the tag read the care instructions for washing. It just kept getting better and better! It felt like I was opening presents within presents! :)


I took a picture of the back of the lovey to show the fabric used on the opposite side. This striped, white on white Versailles minky fabric is the real deal! It is not the generic brand of fabric. It is literally the softest fabric I have ever touched.


A closer picture of the back shows not only the sewn-on tag, but the utter fluffiness (for loss of a better word) of the minky fabric. Look at how plush this material is!


And finally, here is a close up of the embroidered "O." Every stitch is lovingly handworked. No machines, here. The embroidery is impeccable! I've never seen such beautiful work. How did she make this boring letter look so elegant?!?


Since this review, I have purchased other items from Dolce Dreams as gifts. The recipients are in for a real treat, since the items I bought are not only gorgeous, but personalized just for them! If you're in the market for beautiful, handmade gifts, I suggest you check out Dolce Dreams. Their products are perfect for any woman who enjoys a touch of luxury in her everyday life.

To see my full video review of the products mentioned from Dolce Dreams, just click PLAY :)


NOTE: I do not receive payment for reviewing products. I give my honest opinion and am not a spokesperson for the companys I review.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

If you would like me to review your product, please contact me at SugarMamaShop@gmail.com.


3 comments:

  1. What a great product review! and it was fun to see a video of you too! Your adorable! I checked out DolceDreams and it's super sweet, I think I'm gonna blog about one of her eye pillows.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks! [blush]
    I love doing these reviews, since they provide me with something different to work on besides crocheting or housework. I need some variety in my life! :)
    Her products are truly amazing, and I am so lucky to have been chosen by her to complete a review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for such a lovely review!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips